Less night nursing ruining day supply

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Veronica Burneo Tingzon Veronica Burneo Tingzon 1 year, 5 months ago.

• Author
    Profile photo of Savannah Valdez Savannah Valdez 
    Participant

Sorry for long question hoping someone can help …
    I have always had a great supply .. I was able to pump freeze extra and supply enough for 5 month old .. Recently he is sleeping longer stretches sometimes they the night … I was getting up still pumping every couple hours … But decided to stop to actually get some sleep if he’s sleeping .. Sounded like a good idea .. Now my supply is getting really low I don’t feel I’m making enough to even satisfy him as if I pump in only getting oz or so and he is waking in night for feeding again … Do I need to just start waking every couple hours to pump ???what do I do ???

Anything else changed other than not night nursing? Started your period? Started mini-pill birth control? If it’s just the night nursing, the pumping should get you back up to par. It can be a little more tricky if there are other factors.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

Send us an email and we'll get back to you asap.

Sending

MilkOnTap is the #1 digital breastfeeding resource for mothers and lactation professionals

or

Forgot your details?